What’s My Place? What’s My Value? Intermediate
What’s My Place? What’s My Value? is an interactive classroom display that uses visual models and numbers to help your children develop concepts related to place value. This 10-minute, large group routine provides repeated opportunities for your children to develop an understanding of the magnitude, ﬂexibility and beauty of the base ten system. Each place value kit contains a teaching manual, blackline masters, and coated posters to cut apart for demonstration pieces.
This package allows intermediate students to demonstrate and master place value concepts using large and very small quantities. Because the decimal is mobile, using this system allows exploration of the versatility and importance of the place value system. Teachers will find it easy to model:
- addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole and decimal numbers
- multiplication and division of multi-digit numbers
- averaging, doubling and halving
- the relationship between fractions and decimals
- using numbers to describe scientifc notation
- comparing values
- composing and decomposing values
Add the Display Kit below to get the bundle for $5 off!